ONS Distinguished Awards
Distinguished Researcher Award
Award: A $2,000 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement* to attend both ONS Congress and ONS Connections: Advancing Care Through Science Fall Conference.
Upon selection, the recipient will be required to submit their presentation in manuscript form to the Oncology Nursing Forum.
Purpose: To recognize the contributions of a member who has conducted or promoted research that has enhanced the science and practice of oncology nursing.
Selection Criteria: Nominees for this award must be an ONS member and nominated by an ONS member. In addition, the Nominee must have an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field who demonstrates the following:
- Evidence of outstanding and major contributions to the scientific foundation for practice.
- Evidence of a sustained program of substantive research.
- Evidence of a record of publication in oncology.
- Evidence that the scientist's research program has advanced the delivery of quality cancer care by nurses.
- Evidence that the scientist's research program has provided a foundation for research by others.
- Evidence of documented contributions to ONS.
- Evidence of documented contributions to the cancer community-at-large.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.