International Award for Contributions in Cancer Care
Award: $500 certificate for ONS educational resources/publications donated to the recipient's employer institution. (No cash prize to the individual recipient), a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress.
Purpose: To recognize a Registered Nurse (RN) (or equivalent) who has contributed to the improvement of cancer care in a country outside the United States.
Selection Criteria: The candidate must be a Registered Nurse (RN) (or equivalent) who works and resides outside of the United States of America, working in any setting, who has contributed to the improvement of cancer care in one or more of the following areas: clinical practice, research, education, or administration. Examples of contributions include but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing a program that has had an impact on cancer care in a country other than the United States, e.g., patient education program, clinical procedure/skill, and pain management.
- Demonstrating involvement in initiating or supporting a professional oncology organization (e.g., cancer society, nursing organization, cancer coalition).
- Influencing the practice of cancer care nursing care, e.g., advocate for cancer survivors through influence on government policy/media, publications.
- Creating a change in health care and/or education standards in nursing practice, e.g., requirements for administration of chemotherapy.
Nominee not required to be a member of the Oncology Nursing Society
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: email@example.com.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.