Victoria Mock New Investigator Award
Award: The recipient will receive a $1,000 award and a plaque.
Purpose: The Victoria Mock New Investigator Award is to recognize the contributions of new investigators in building a scientific foundation for oncology nursing practice. The award will be presented at the ONS Connections: Advancing Care through Science Conference. The recipient will present his or her research results at the New Investigator Award session at the conference. This award is supported by the ONS Distinguished Nurse Researcher Fund through the ONS Foundation.
Selection will be based on the review of materials that are representative of productivity within cancer nursing research since earning your doctoral degree. Two letters of nomination from other nurse scientists are required, stating the candidate's overall contribution to oncology nursing research.
- The candidate and nominators must be ONS members.
- The candidate must have received his or her doctoral degree after 2007 and be a minimum of 1 year post earning doctoral degree.
To apply, the following must be submitted using the Grant Maker online form (see application instructions below):
- An updated curriculum vitae.
- Two letters of nomination from nurse scientists.
- A personal statement that reveals evidence of productivity in the field of cancer nursing research since earning a doctoral degree. (Maximum 500 words)
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.