ONS Distinguished Awards
Lifetime Achievement Award
Award: $2,000 award, one roundtrip coach airfare to Congress, one-day per diem for Congress, a plaque for the recipient and a special designation plaque for their workplace, a specially designed ONS pin, and perpetual complimentary membership in ONS.
Purpose: To recognize ONS members who have made outstanding contributions to the field of oncology nursing and to ONS; who have been important leaders within the Society and in their communities; and who exemplify the mission and core values of ONS (Integrity, Innovation, Stewardship, Advocacy, Excellence, and Inclusiveness).
- Nominees for this award must be an ONS member and nominated by an ONS member;
- The nominee shall have made outstanding contributions to cancer nursing and to ONS during his/her professional career;
- The nominee shall have demonstrated the highest professional standards of oncology nursing.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.