ONS Excellence Awards
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Linda Arenth Excellence in Cancer Nursing Management Award
Award: A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress.
Purpose: This award is in memory of Linda Arenth, an active ONS and ONCC member who served as the Johns Hopkins Cancer Center's first director of nursing. She started what is now a nationally known system to assign nursing services for different categories of cancer patients. This award recognizes and supports excellence in both cancer nursing management and administration.
Nominee's Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- ONS awards policies do not permit self-nominations for this award. To be considered eligible for this award, the nominee must be nominated by an ONS member in good standing. If you have questions regarding eligibility requirements please contact email@example.com.
- Be a registered professional nurse and an active ONS member
- Have at least two years of experience in oncology nursing management/administration
- Demonstrate leadership abilities through a documented in a letter of support from the nominee's immediate supervisor
Criteria: The scoring criteria for judging this nomination packet is as follows:
- Candidate utilizes the ONS standards as management tools.
- Is a recognized expert in cancer nursing management for contributions at the local, state, national, and/or international level.
- Demonstrates commitment to mentorship in cancer nursing management/administration.
- Contributes to the specialty of cancer nursing administration through publications, program development, refinement of management tools, etc. .
- Demonstrates active participation in ONS at the local and/or national level.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities (documented in a letter of support from the nominee's immediate supervisor).
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively utilize management theories and techniques.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.