ONS Excellence Awards
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Excellence in Patient/Public Education Award
Award: A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress.
Purpose: To recognize and support excellence in patient/public education. Nominees for this award will be oncology nurses who are involved in offering creative public or patient education.
Nominee's Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- ONS awards policies do not permit self-nominations for this award. To be considered eligible for this award, the nominee must be nominated by an ONS member in good standing. If you have questions regarding eligibility requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a registered professional nurse and an active ONS member
- Has a minimum of two years experience in oncology nursing
Criteria: The scoring criteria for judging this nomination packet is as follows:
- Candidate teaches patients or community groups in manner consistent with the ONS Standards of Oncology Education: Patient/Family and Public.
- Candidate identifies needs for education in patients, families, or communities and plans innovative programs to meet those identified needs.
- Programs have clearly stated objectives .
- Content of program(s) is relevant to population served.
- Creative strategies and presentation techniques are used in implementing program.
- Program evaluation methods are appropriate.
- Candidate serves as a role model for other nurses.
- Candidate creates a network to sustain health-promoting behaviors.
- Candidate establishes positive teacher-learner relationships.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: email@example.com.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.