ONS State-of-the-Science Lectureship Award
Award: The recipient will receive a $1,000 award and a plaque.
Purpose: The purpose of the ONS State-of-the-Science Lectureship is to facilitate the advancement of oncology nursing science through the synthesis of current research on a specific cancer care symptom, outcome, or issue. The awardee is expected to:
- synthesize and critique the current research,
- identify areas in which more research is critically needed, and
- propose how multidisciplinary research can advance the science.
Selection criteria: Nurse scientists at all levels of professional development are invited to apply for this prestigious award. The lecture is presented at the ONS Connections: Advancing Care through Science Conference. Candidates must be able to adapt the lecture to article format for publication in the Oncology Nursing Forum. The manuscript must be submitted for peer review so that it can be published as soon as possible following the conference presentation. The published article will be accessible to other disciplines through the ONS Website.
- The applicant must be an ONS member
- The abstract is limited to 600 words.
- The author must synthesize and critique the current research, identify areas in which more research is critically needed, and propose how research can advance the science.
- The abstract should include a synthesis of the following:
- Research that has addressed a specific cancer-care symptom, outcome or issue.
- Synthesis of research findings.
- Ethical and policy implications.
- Translation to practice.
- Directions for future research.
Selection will be based solely on a blind abstract review.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.