ONS Excellence Awards
All awards, grants, and scholarships are tentative and subject to change based on funding availability.
Excellence in Survivor Advocacy Award
Supported by the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship (NCCS)
Award: A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the Opening Ceremonies at ONS Congress.
Purpose: To recognize and support achievements and involvement of patient advocacy across the cancer treatment continuum, particularly as it relates to survivorship issues.
Nominee's Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- ONS awards policies do not permit self-nominations for this award. To be considered eligible for this award, the nominee must be nominated by an ONS member in good standing. If you have questions regarding eligibility requirements please contact email@example.com.
- Be a registered professional nurse and an active ONS member
- Have at least two years of oncology nursing experience
- Been actively engaged in patient and survivor advocacy (e.g., legislative, regulatory, insurance discrimination issues) at the federal, state, or local level for at least two years immediately preceding nomination
Criteria: The scoring criteria for judging this nomination packet is as follows:
- Demonstrated patient and survivor advocacy on a consistent basis in a work setting that cares for individuals with cancer.
- Helped to recruit nurses or other health professionals to become engaged in survivor advocacy.
- Collaborated with other organizations, entities, and individual advocates to further recognition of survivorship priorities and issues.
- Served as a role model for other healthcare professionals and the public by active involvement in cancer support groups, survivor groups, and/or other identified networks or organizations for individuals with cancer.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE SEPTEMBER 30, 5:00pm E.T. NOMINATION DEADLINE!
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. The application system is set up so that at exactly 5:00pm ET (Eastern Time), September 30, the application site will automatically shut down and be locked. Any applications that are open (not completed) at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. It is imperative that all open applications be submitted prior to 5:00pm ET, September 30, in order to be accepted into the online system and be eligible for consideration. In order to be fair to all who may nominate individuals for consideration for an ONS award, the September 30, 5:00pm ET deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions regarding the ONS awards nomination process, please call the ONS Awards staff (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO NOMINATE ONLINE:
- Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
- Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
- Access the online nomination.