Lilly Oncology Advancing Patient Care Project
Are You Looking for Project Funding? ONS and Lilly Oncology can help.
Through the Lilly OncologyAdvancing Patient Care Project, ONS and Lilly Oncology are offering stipends of up to $2,500 for nurses who have a professional development, patient care, and/or nursing leadership project they’d like to fund.
You Might Be . . .
- A chapter leader who would like to run a special educational event for your members
- A nurse or administrator who has a workplace activity that will be valuable to your colleagues
- A nurse with an interest in conducting a professional development project in a specific area of oncology
- You’re encouraged to apply!
Submit Your Application Anytime
All applicants will be required to use the online application form. You can submit your application at any point in the year—applications are reviewed on a monthly basis. The ONS Membership and Component Relations staff will initially review each application for compliance with eligibility guidelines. Qualifying applications will be forwarded to a panel of nurse leaders for final review and approval. Evaluation will be based on each applicant’s description of how the activity is expected to improve quality patient care and/or oncology nursing leadership, including anticipated outcomes. Applicants are expected to provide comprehensive details of their proposed project, including an itemized budget of the project. All applicants qualifying for cash awards will be notified within 60 days.
- Be a registered nurse (RN) and a member of ONS
- Have a minimum of one year’s experience in oncology nursing
- Focus your primary duties and responsibilities on full-time patient care
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ONS Core Values
Project funds will be awarded to qualifying applicants based on:
- Professional development/continuing nursing education activities that relate to oncology nursing leadership
- Training activities that teach oncology nursing leadership and/or quality patient care topics to other nurses
- ONS chapter-sponsored educational programs that provide learning opportunities addressing the topics of oncology nursing leadership and/or improving patient care
Funding is dependent on availability of funds and the results of the review process. Projects may be funded fully, partially, or not at all. An award of up to a maximum of $2,500 (provided as a stipend) will be determined by the ONS Membership and Component Relations Department and a panel of nurse leaders, based upon the description/cost provided by the applicant and merit of the application. Award funds may not be designated to a third party, donated as a charitable contribution to another entity, or used for professional membership dues. Also, funding for college tuition, certification or credentialing is not eligible. Additionally, funds will not be granted for conference registration fees, travel expenses, salary/hourly wages, or capital equipment purchases.
Funds must be utilized within the timeframe identified for the project. Upon completion of the project, all unused funds must be returned to ONS within 60 days of the project’s completion. Regarding projects that are not completed due to unforeseen circumstances, all unused funds must be returned to ONS immediately.
If funded, the recipient will be required to submit a report at the conclusion of the project that demonstrates the outcomes achieved and evaluating the success of the project, which must include an accounting of expenses. The report must be submitted within one month of project completion to the ONS Director of Membership and Component Relations. Any unused funds must be returned to ONS within 60 days of the project’s completion.
How to Apply
All applicants are required to use the official online project application form. Applicants should provide as much detail as possible, along with any supporting documentation, when completing the required online application form. See application for complete details. Remember to allow 60 days from the date of your application for funding notification, should your project application be accepted.
Need Additional Info?
If you have questions regarding the Lilly Oncology Advancing Patient Care Project please contact the ONS awards staff, firstname.lastname@example.org.