The goal of the 2010 ONS APN Conference is to provide nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and other healthcare professionals with innovative, advanced educational experiences and networking opportunities that promote excellence in oncology nursing and cancer care.
- Identify issues and dynamic trends to transform changes in cancer care and the role of the advanced practice nurse.
- Participate in knowledge exchange to promote application of information into practice.
- Engage in professional networking forums.
Continuing Nursing Education
Attendees can earn up to 16 contact hours of continuing nursing education (CNE) if all educational sessions are attended in their entirety and an evaluation is completed by 5 pm EST on Thursday, December 9.
Visit the ONS Evaluation Center to manage your CNE.
- Get your conference CNE certificate immediately upon submitting your evaluation.
- Begin a transcript of all your ONS-provided CNE programs.
- Print a list of your ONS-provided programs, making it extra convenient when reporting CNE data for licensure, certification, performance appraisals, etc.
- Reprint your certificate whenever you need it with just the click of a mouse.
- Have easy access to a personalized certificate (e.g., if you live in California) if required. The ONS Evaluation Center will generate one for you.
Update your profile to make it even easier to complete your evaluation. IOL evaluations are due December 9. Learn more.
ONS is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
ONS is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #2850.
Accreditation as an American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission provider refers only to its continuing nursing education activities and does not imply ANCC Commission on Accreditation endorsement of any commercial products.
The contact hours earned from this educational opportunity qualify for initial oncology nursing certification and renewal via ONC-PRO. Visit the ONCC website for complete details on oncology nursing certification.
Continuing Pharmacy Education
The American Pharmacists Association (APhA) and Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) have collaborated for the purpose of developing and providing continuing pharmacy education for “2010 ONS Advanced Practice Nursing Conference.” APhA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Get full information on specific sessions, including ACPE numbers, learning objectives and completion requirements.
To obtain continuing pharmacy education credit during this activity, participants must attend the session(s) and submit a completed evaluation within the specified time frame. Statements of Credit will be mailed by APhA 4-6 weeks following receipt of program evaluations.
Should any attendee of these accredited activities be dissatisfied with the quality of the activity, a request in writing must be submitted to the APhA Education Department within five days of the conclusion of the activity.