Educational Integrity Statement
ONS values the integrity with which its programs and services are viewed. Integrity involves a firm adherence to a set of values, as those identified in the ONS Vision and Mission statement. Oncology Nursing Society seeks to promote excellence not only in oncology nursing and quality cancer care but also in the educational opportunities it makes available. Commitment to educational integrity is essential to ONS's success. Each learner is responsible for adhering to the principle of educational integrity.
The diversity of all peoples and their uniqueness of culture, ethnicity, religion, race, and sexual orientation are respected. ONS respects the dignity, individuality, and freedom of each learner.
Activities, which have the effect or intention of interfering with education, pursuit of knowledge, or fair evaluation of a learner’s performance are prohibited. These shall include but are not limited to:
- Copying answers from another person
- Giving, asking for, or receiving answers to test questions
- Willfully offering to or taking from another, questions or answers to an ONS exam
- Talking during an examination
- Having an unauthorized person complete an exam and/or evaluation on your behalf
- Possession or use of unauthorized materials or equipment during an examination
- The use of technology and electronic devices in sharing unauthorized information (text messaging, cell phone cameras, email messages, etc)
- Unlawful possession of any ONS testing materials or property belonging to ONS
- Aiding another in committing an act of educational dishonesty
- Document falsification including forgery, altering or being accessory to changing or altering of any ONS documentation such as but not limited to certificates of attendance or other verification of program completion
- Falsely reporting the completion of an activity
Accountability for educational integrity is the responsibility of the activity participant. ONS believes in being proactive when dealing with issues of educational integrity. Anyone who is believed to have altered documentation with respect to particular programs or services may be indefinitely prohibited from participating in future ONS programs. ONS reserves the right to deny or revoke credit. ONS further reserves the right to make a determination with respect to this issue in its sole discretion without recourse by the applicant.