Volunteer Travel Opportunities
The volunteer opportunities listed below are available through various organizations and are not funded or specifically endorsed by ONS.
People to People Citizen Ambassador Programs is organizing a delegation of oncology nursing professionals to travel to India in September 2013. ONS members and anyone involved in oncology nursing is encouraged to apply as a delegate. The delegation leader is Dr. Mary Gullatte, president of ONS. We hope for a strong showing of professionals. A number of unique opportunities are planned, including dialogue with oncology nursing professionals in India, and the opportunity to share techniques, training and nursing principles. Cultural activities will highlight the sights and sounds of the country. You can find more information, or enroll online, at http://www.peopletopeople.com/ONS.
HVO is an organization committed to providing teaching and training to health professionals in developing countries. The success of our programs is dependent on the participation of skilled professionals who donate their time and expertise to train their colleagues around the world. We are so pleased to be sponsored by ASCO and now able to offer training programs in the oncology specialty.
Oncology nurses needed:
- Vietnam: Last two weeks of September, and another in November 17-30, 2013
- Honduras: August 25-31, and unspecified dates in October and November (strong preference for volunteers comfortable with Spanish)
- Bhutan: November 8-28 (would prefer the nurse stay 4 weeks if possible; funding available).
- Paraguay: Spanish speaking (preferably) oncology nurses being recruited for Paraguay, no schedule set up yet.
- Cambodia: Nurse to teach chemotherapy administration in Siem Reap at Angkor Children’s Hospital.
- Paraguay: Spanish speaking (preferably) oncology nurses being recruited for Paraguay, no schedule set up yet. Operating room nurses are being sought for this opportunity.
HVO Volunteer Opportunities - for a complete list, visit www.hvousa.org or call 202-296-0928.
Information on nursing education opportunities within HVO
Our organization kenyarelief.org an Alabama based ministry is looking for a few ENT surgery nurses to join us in Kenya for an ENT surgery clinic. The team will perform general medicine and thyroid and parotid surgeries, and needs two experienced ENT circulators and two scrubs and would consider a NP with endocrine expertise. You can learn more about Kenyarelief.org at our web site kenyarelief.org.
The dates are October 13-23, 2011, and the team will finish with two full days of Safari in Kenya.
Please respond to:
Steve James CRNA