Volunteer Travel Opportunities
The volunteer opportunities listed below are available through various organizations and are not funded or specifically endorsed by ONS.
People to People Citizen Ambassador Programs organized a delegation of oncology nursing professionals to India in September, 2013. The delegation leader was Dr. Mary Gullatte, president of ONS, and the rip focused bilateral communication on nursing practice, leadership, education, and research. Read the Journal of Professional Proceedings, and consider applying for a future delegation!
HVO is an organization committed to providing teaching and training to health professionals in developing countries. The success of our programs is dependent on the participation of skilled professionals who donate their time and expertise to train their colleagues around the world. We are so pleased to be sponsored by ASCO and now able to offer training programs in the oncology specialty.
Oncology nurses needed:
- Honduras: October 28-November 2, 2013
- Costa Rica: Spanish speaking (preferably) oncology nurses being recruited for January, April, July, and October 2014
- Cambodia: Nurse to teach chemotherapy administration in Siem Reap at Angkor Children’s Hospital.
- Paraguay: Spanish speaking (preferably) oncology nurses being recruited for Paraguay October 7-11 2013, and throughout 2014. Operating room nurses are being sought for this opportunity.
- Tanzania: Oncology nurses needed to teach chemotherapy administration throughout 2013 and 2014.
HVO Volunteer Opportunities - for a complete list, visit www.hvousa.org or call 202-296-0928.
Information on nursing education opportunities within HVO
One U.S. nurse’s experience in Honduras with HVO
Our organization kenyarelief.org an Alabama based ministry is looking for a few ENT surgery nurses to join us in Kenya for an ENT surgery clinic. The team will perform general medicine and thyroid and parotid surgeries, and needs two experienced ENT circulators and two scrubs and would consider a NP with endocrine expertise. You can learn more about Kenyarelief.org at our web site kenyarelief.org.
The dates are October 13-23, 2011, and the team will finish with two full days of Safari in Kenya.
Please respond to:
Steve James CRNA