The nursing month video contest is a fun way for you to share personal nursing stories and celebrate your great profession. Get together with your local chapter or colleagues and start brainstorming! Need a couple ideas to get the juices flowing?
Have your colleagues and chapter members answer some of these questions:
- When did you know you wanted to become a nurse?
- Describe the one patient that you’ll always remember.
- What do you love about being an oncology nurse?
- What was one really awesome moment in your career?
- Was there one time in particular where you felt that you made a big difference in a patient’s life?
- Do you have any family members who are particularly excited and proud about what you do?
- Outside of work, have you used your nursing skills to make a difference in someone’s life?
Keep thinking! This list is meant to help with ideas, and is by no means all-inclusive. We want to know why you love being an oncology nurse—any comments or stories related to that are relevant.