Oncology Nursing Month
As an oncology nurse, you're there for your patients through one of the most challenging times of their lives. You help patients and their loved ones by caring, teaching, listening, and simply being present. Take some time this May to recognize the hard work you do each and every day. Celebrate you and your colleagues during Oncology Nursing Month. You deserve it!
Get the Word Out
Are you doing something special to celebrate? If so, pitch your story to local media to generate interest in your events. Need some story ideas? How about these?
- A feature about a day in the life of an oncology nurse
- A story about how an oncology nurse made a difference in the care of a patient
- Highlight of a community-service project in which your chapter or organization was involved
- A story about a cancer-related issue that is receiving media attention or that is of particular interest to your community
- A letter to the editor on behalf of your chapter or institution if an article has appeared in your local newspaper
- Promotion of an upcoming educational meeting
- A feature about awards received by local oncology nurses
- Issue a press release about your celebration