Join the ONS Capitol Gang
- Participating in Capitol Hill lobbying days
- Meeting with members of Congress and their staff
- Attending federal agency meetings
- Reviewing and providing input on draft legislation on proposed regulations
- Representing ONS at press conferences or other public meetings.
To learn more about the ONS Capitol Gang and apply for membership, please contact Alec Stone.
Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI)
The 2017 Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) program will be held March 12-14, 2017, in Washington, DC. NIWI enables nurses to learn how to influence healthcare through the legislative and regulatory processes. Participants will learn from health policy experts and government officials, network with other nurses, and visit members of Congress.
ONS has a limited number of grants available for NIWI. Grants provide full registration for NIWI, expenses for travel, hotel, and related travel expenses (e.g., meals, airport parking) per ONS Travel Policy. Application requirements are:
- Current ONS membership (minimum of two years)
- Current activity in the legislative arena
- Past ONS activities
- Description of how the internship will benefit the recipient’s professional role and role in ONS
- Strong communication skills.
Candidates should submit a letter stating application for a NIWI grant, required accompanying information listed previously, and a curriculum vitae, plus three additional copies of the materials, to the ONS Health Policy Team, 125 Enterprise Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275-1214 (866-257-4ONS; firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are due November 1, 2016.