How Self-Care Can Help You Fulfill Your Mission to Advance Cancer Care
Roselyn Ogunkunle, PhD, MSN, RN, OCN®
Content Planning Team Member
Connecting with fellow oncology colleagues at the 47th Annual ONS Congress® is not only an opportunity for professional development but a wonderful avenue to de-stress, re-tool, and indulge in self-care!
ONS Congress offers amazing opportunities to level up your career development and many of the sessions offer a unique approach to take care of yourself—spirit, soul, and mind.
While at ONS Congress this year, attend the following sessions and activities that focus on well-being. Relax and learn about strategies and tools to thrive in your health and well-being while at the conference and take strategies back with you to elevate your well-being every day!
- ONS Zen Den: Stop by this area of the ONS Learning Hall throughout ONS Congress to rejuvenate your spirit and relax your mind. Our revamped wellness pavilion will offer stress relief opportunities, healthy and fun refreshments, and engaging activities including the infamous dog petting lounge!
- We’re All in This Together: A Well-Being Discussion: Join your colleagues for this session held on Friday, April 29, from 1:45 to 2:45 pm, to hear a conversation about well-being.
- Enhance Nurse Well-Being by Promoting and Fostering Vicarious Resiliency: This presentation, held on Friday, April 29, from 3 to 4 pm, will provide useful insights to building resiliency.
- Oncology Nursing Foundation/Pfizer Oncology Fun Run, Walk, and Wheelchair Event: Kick-off your Saturday with a 5K run or 1.5 mile walk at this can’t-miss event. Be sure to sign-up when you register for ONS Congress or stop by the Pfizer booth (#501) on-site.
- Self-Care Saturday Night Attendee Reception Sponsored by Coherus BioSciences: Wrap up the week by indulging in relaxation on Saturday, April 30, from 5 to 7:30 pm! Take this time to celebrate yourself and your colleagues, network with new friends, and build professional relationships, all while partaking in self-care activities and enjoying the spa-like atmosphere.
Fulfilling your mission to advance cancer care starts with your own self-care, don’t miss out on all that ONS Congress has to offer. Register to join us today!