ANOREXIA SEARCH STRATEGY AND RESULTS
Initial references prior to update: 20
Databases searched for update: PubMed, CINAHL, NCCN, and the Cochrane Collaboration
Search results of literature retrieved January 1, 2009– December 9, 2016:
- (Therapy/Broad[filter] OR systematic) AND (Cachexia[majr] OR Cachexi*[ti] OR anorexia[majr] OR anorexi*[ti]) AND ("2009/01/01"[PDAT] : "2016/12/09"[PDAT] AND cancer[sb])
- 602 citations retrieved
- (MM Cachexia OR TI Cachexi* OR MM anorexia OR TI anorexi*) AND (cancer OR oncolog* OR neoplasms)
- Limits: Published Date: 20090101-20161209, English language, human
- 226 citations retrieved
59 titles were initially selected for full article review.
56 final publications were included after the removal of duplicates and studies that did not meet inclusion criteria and addition of manuscripts retrieved in other topics meeting anorexia-specific criteria.
- The study is a full research report, systematic review, guideline, or meta-analysis.
- The study must report results of measurement of anorexia.
- The study examines an intervention aimed at affecting anorexia.
- The study sample must include patients with cancer.
- As of 1/1/2016, additional inclusions are (a) sample size of at least 40 or 20 per study group, and (b) for complex interventions, the description of the intervention must be sufficient to identify the components of that intervention.
- Grey literature
- Studies that did not examine an intervention