Search Dates: Search results of literature retrieved March 2009–July 31, 2013
Search Terms: (Therapy/Broad[filter] OR systematic[sb]) AND (Caregivers[majr] OR caregiver*[ti]) OR ("family member"[ti] OR "family members"[ti] OR spous*[ti] OR partner*[ti]) AND caregiv*) AND (cancer OR oncolog* OR neoplasms[mesh])
Databases: PubMed, CINAHL, Cochrane Collaboration, National Comprehensive Cancer Network, and PsycINFO
- The study must be a full research report, systematic review, guideline, or meta-analysis.
- The study must report results of measurement of the topic of caregiver strain and burden.
- The study examines an intervention aimed at affecting caregiver strain and burden.
- The study sample must include caregivers of patients with cancer.
- Grey literature
- Studies that describe caregiver concerns and issues, but do not include examination of an intervention
- Samples involving caregivers as parents of a child with cancer