DEPRESSION SEARCH STRATEGY AND RESULTS
- Initial references prior to update – 48
- Search results of literature retrieved 5/1/2008-11/30/2015
- (depress*[ti] OR depression[majr]) AND (Therapy/Broad[filter] OR systematic[sb])
- Filters activated: Publication date from 2008/05/01 to 2015/11/30, Cancer
- 1,557 citations retrieved
- (MM "Depression/PC/TH/DH/DT/NU" OR TI depress*) AND (cancer OR neoplasms OR oncolog*)
- Limiters: Published Date: 20080501-20151130, English Language, Human
- 461 citations retrieved
- 150 titles selected from review of abstracts for full article review
- 106 final publications included after removal of duplicates and studies that did not meet inclusion criteria, and addition of manuscripts retrieved in other topics meeting topic specific criteria
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Distress management [v.2.2013]
1. Full research report, systematic review, guideline or meta-analysis
2. Study must report results of measurement of depression or depressive symptoms.
3. The study examines an intervention aimed at affecting the symptom.
4. Study sample must include patients with cancer.
1. Grey literature