DEPRESSION SEARCH STRATEGY AND RESULTS
Initial references prior to update: 25
Databases searched for update: PubMed, CINAHL, NCCN, and Cochrane Collaboration
Search results of literature retrieved 5/1/2008–10/11/2016:
- (depress*[ti] OR depression[majr]) AND (Therapy/Broad[filter] OR systematic[sb]) AND ("2008/05/01"[PDAT] : "2016/10/11"[PDAT] AND cancer[sb])
- 2,698 citations retrieved
- ((MM "Depression/PC/TH/DH/DT/NU") OR (TI depress*)) AND (cancer OR neoplasms OR oncolog*)
- Limiters: Published Date: 20080501-20161011, English Language, Human
- 822 citations retrieved
222 titles were selected for a full article review.
284 final studies were included after the removal of duplicates and studies that did not meet inclusion criteria and the addition of manuscripts retrieved in other topics meeting depression-specific criteria.
1. Full research report, systematic review, guideline, or meta-analysis
2. Study must report results of the measurement of depression or depressive symptoms
3. Study examines an intervention aimed at affecting the symptom
4. Study sample must include patients with cancer
5. As of 1/1/2016, additional inclusions are (a) sample size of at least 40 or 20 per study group, and (b) for complex interventions, the description of the intervention must be sufficient to identify the components of that intervention.
1. Grey literature