DIARRHEA SEARCH STRATEGY AND RESULTS
Initial references prior to update: 24
Databases searched for update: PubMed, CINAHL, Cochrane Collaboration, NCCN
Search results of literature retrieved January 1, 2009–February 28, 2015:
- (Diarrhea[ti] OR diarrhoea[ti] OR "Diarrhea/chemically induced"[Majr] OR "Diarrhea/drug therapy"[Majr]) AND ("2009/01/01"[PDAT] : "2015/02/28"[PDAT] AND cancer[sb])
- 696 citations retrieved
- ( (MM "Diarrhea/DH/DT/CI/NU/PC/TH") OR TI Diarrhea OR TI diarrhoea ) AND ( cancer OR neoplasms OR oncolog* OR chemotherapy )
- Limiters: English Language; Clinical Queries: Therapy - High Sensitivity, Therapy - High Specificity, Therapy - Best Balance; Human
- 23 citations retrieved
- Cochrane Collaboration: No results
- NCCN: No results
32 titles initially were retrieved from the search results.
22 titles were selected from the review of abstracts for a full article review.
21 final studies were included after the removal of duplicates and studies that did not meet inclusion criteria and the addition of manuscripts retrieved in other topics meeting diarrhea-specific criteria.
1. Full research report, systematic review, guideline or meta-analysis
2. Study must report results of measurement of chemotherapy- or radiotherapy-induced diarrhea
3. The study examines an intervention aimed at affecting diarrhea.
4. Study sample must include patients with cancer
1. Grey literature
2. Descriptive studies
3. Studies involving the management of postoperative diarrhea or patients with ostomies