SKIN REACTIONS SEARCH STATEGY AND RESULTS
Initial references prior to update: 20
Databases searched for update: PubMed, CINAHL, NCCN, Cochrane Collaboration
Search results of literature retrieved January 1, 2009–February 28, 2015:
- (Therapy/Broad[filter] OR systematic[sb]) AND (((rash[ti] OR "hand-foot"[ti] OR HFSR[ti] OR Acneiform Eruptions[mesh] OR dermatol*[ti] OR cutaneous[ti]) AND (manag*[ti] OR intervention*[ti] OR reduc*[ti] OR prevent*[ti])) OR (("Antibodies, Monoclonal/adverse effects"[MAJR] OR "Antineoplastic Agents/adverse effects"[MAJR] OR Acneiform Eruptions[majr]) AND (Eyelash* OR rash*[ti] OR dermatol*[ti] OR skin[ti] OR cutaneous[ti]))) AND ("2009/01/01"[PDAT] : "2015/2/28"[PDAT] AND English[lang] AND cancer[sb])
- 569 citations retrieved
- ( (TI rash OR TI "hand-foot" OR TI HFSR OR MH “Acneiform Eruptions” OR TI dermatol* OR TI cutaneous) AND (TI manag* OR TI intervention* OR TI reduc* OR TI prevent*) ) OR ( (MM "Antibodies, Monoclonal/AE" OR MM "Antineoplastic Agents/AE" OR MM “Acneiform Eruptions”) AND (Eyelash* OR TI rash* OR TI dermatol* OR TI skin OR TI cutaneous) )
- Limiters: English Language; Clinical Queries: Therapy - High Sensitivity, Therapy - High Specificity, Therapy - Best Balance
- 87 citations retrieved
- NCCN: No results
- Cochrane Collaboration: No results
92 titles were selected for full article review.
35 final studies were included after the removal of duplicates and studies that did not meet inclusion criteria and the addition of manuscripts retrieved in other topics meeting skin reactions-specific criteria.
1. Full research report, systematic review, guideline, or meta-analysis
2. Study must report results of measurement of rash, PPE, xerosis, pruitis, paronychia, or photosensitivity associated with chemotherapy treatment
3. The study examines an intervention aimed at affecting the skin reaction.
4. The study sample must include patients with cancer.
1. Grey literature
2. Descriptive-only study
3. Case studies or case series only
4. Studies involving skin effects not listed in inclusions
5. Studies involving patients treated with radiotherapy or combined radiotherapy and chemotherapy