The ONS Approver Unit application has been upgraded!
ONS has upgraded our CNE Approver Unit application system and template forms to meet the new ANCC accreditation standards and improve the application flow. As of September 1, 2016, all new applications to the ONS Approver Unit will use the upgraded system and forms.
Please review the following documents for more detail about the new expectations
- Key updates to the ONS Approver Unit process and forms provides an overview of the new requirements and changes.
- 2016 Approver Unit application instructions is a bookmarked document that provides in-depth information about the Approver Unit requirements as well as detailed information about CNE program planning.
Submit Your Application
Step 1: Read the 2016 Approver Unit application instructions.
Step 2: Prepare your template documents, which you will submit as part of your application.
Step 3: Visit the Approver Unit website and login with your ONS profile. If you do not have an ONS profile, you can create one on the Approver Unit website.
- Disclosure form
- Educational planning form (formerly named content outline)
- Disclosure attestation for oral disclosures
- CE certificate
- Commercial support agreement
- Optional questions for learner completed evaluations
- Evaluation documentation requirements
- Videos related to program planning coming soon
ONS is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
ONS is not able to grant retroactive approval, so please be aware of the submission deadlines outlined in the general instructions. For regular submissions, applications and all supporting materials must be submitted at least four weeks prior to the program start date. There is also an expedited review process for applications submitted between two and four weeks of the program start date (additional fees apply). Applications must be received by 4:30 pm EST or will be logged in for the next business day.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
For applications submitted at least four weeks prior to the program start date. Fees are based upon the type of organization submitting the application and the program's desired number of contact hours.
7 Contact Hours or Less
ONS Chapter: $85
Other Organizations: $115
7.1–14 Contact Hours
ONS Chapter: $125
Other Organizations: $165
14.1 Contact Hours or More
ONS Chapter: $200
Other Organizations: $265
For applications with a program start date between 2-4 weeks from the current date, an additional fee will be required.
ONS Chapter: $50
Other Organizations: $100