To honor individuals not otherwise eligible for membership who have made significant contributions to the oncology nursing profession, have a history of engaging in actions supportive of ONS, and exhibited conduct consistent with the mission and core values of the Society (innovation, advocacy, and excellence).
An engraved plaque and travel and lodging support to attend the ONS Annual Congress.
Candidates must be nominated by a current ONS member. Their distinguished contributions must be specific to the field of oncology and demonstrate service that has significantly advanced the goals of both the oncology nursing profession and ONS as an organization. Honorary Membership is awarded at the discretion of the ONS Board of Directors.
The following application materials are required in support of the nomination.
- Narrative statement summarizing the candidate’s qualifications, including examples that reflect their contributions to ONS and the oncology nursing profession
- Two (2) letters of support from current ONS members
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.