To recognize an individual who has made consistent and significant contributions to oncology nursing literature. Nominees for this award will be oncology nurses who have had an impact on the profession, specifically by using the written word to share research findings, describe content basic to the care of patients with cancer, and support the professional development of colleagues.
A $2,000 award, a plaque, round-trip airfare to the ONS Annual Congress, and a one-day per diem for Congress
- Has at least five years of experience in oncology nursing and five years of membership in ONS.
- Demonstrates longevity and consistency of oncology-related professional communication (i.e., an established pattern of regular publication in a variety of forums: cross-section of peer-reviewed journals, books, monographs, ONS publications).
- Demonstrates evidence of breadth of professional writing (i.e., variety of topics; variety of types of writing: journal-length, book chapters, editorials, letters to the editor, book reviews).
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of written material (i.e., quality of material, appropriateness to audience, comprehensiveness of coverage).
- Demonstrates evidence of mentorship for colleagues engaged in writing professional materials (i.e., formal teaching activity, membership on theses/dissertation committees, coauthorship on published materials, editorial activity on oncology-related books/materials or professional nursing journals).
- Writes materials that are used and cited by other authors.
- Nominee's personal statement
- Nomination narrative statement
- One (1) letter of support
- The nominee's curriculum vitae
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.