Employer Recognition Awards
Employer Recognition Awards
2018 Employer Recognition Award Recipients
Small Category: None Awarded
Medium Category: Providence Portland Medical Center, Oregon; Staff representative: Lyn Dobrunick, MN, FNP, AOCN
Large Category: The Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio; Staff Representative: Chris Krall, MSN, RN, OCN®
The Employer Recognition Awards acknowledge employers who honor and show exemplary support for RNs in oncology. Each award allows the institution to further support oncology nurses by granting sets of free registration to an ONS educational activity and credit for ONS publications or other items.
Institutions that demonstrate a commitment to the ONS mission, vision, and values are strong candidates for the Employer Recognition Awards. Examples of support include helping employees to attend ONS meetings or CNE opportunities, actively promoting ONS publications, recognizing ONS members or supporting their annual dues, and supporting participation in ONS chapters or special interest groups.
Awards are granted to the employer based on size category.
Small (0–25 oncology nurses)
- Two free registrations to an ONS educational activity
- $250 "ONS Bucks" to use for publications or other items
Medium (26–100 oncology nurses)
- Three free registrations to an ONS educational activity
- $500 "ONS Bucks" to use for publications or other items
Large: (101 or more oncology nurses)
- Four free registrations to an ONS educational activity our registrations
- $750 "ONS Bucks" to be used for publications or other items.
In addition, Employer Recognition Award recipients will be featured in an issue of ONS Connect. ONS will work with the award recipients' local chapter for recognition at a chapter meeting.
ONS will not be responsible for any expense incurred by the recipients associated with receiving the award.
Award consideration is based on sustained support of the oncology nurse by the employer, as evidenced by one or more of the following examples.
- Employer’s support of the members to attend ONS meetings such as the Annual Congress.
- Employer’s support for the member to attend CNE events.
- Use and promotion of ONS materials such as publications.
- Employer’s support of the member’s annual ONS dues.
- Employer’s support of employee involvement in ONS at the national, chapter, or SIG level.
- Recognition of ONS members in numerous ways in the facilities where they work.
- Other measures of recognition, appreciation, encouragement, and advancement of ONS
Nominations may be made by individual ONS members or by a group of member nurses employed at the same facility. The award nomination form must be submitted along with a maximum of 10 pages of supporting documentation. Selection will be made by the ONS Board of Directors following recommendations by the ONS awards advisory panel.
Current ONS Board members are prohibited from nominating any employer during and for two years immediately following their service. The employers of current ONS Board members are not eligible to be nominated for the Employer Recognition Award during the board member's term.
Online Nominations are Closed
The nomination cycle for the 2019 ONS Awards will open in the spring, with nominations due on September 30, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST.View past recipients of the Employer Recognition Awards (Small).
View past recipients of the Employer Recognition Awards (Medium).
View past recipients of the Employer Recognition Awards (Large).
There is currently no content classified with this term.