To focus attention on quality-of-life issues in cancer care. The recipient will present a lecture at the ONS Annual Congress that illuminates the contributions of clinicians, educators, administrators, and researchers; offers new information; and integrates the philosophy of quality of life into all aspects of cancer care.
This award is named in memory of Trish Greene, a pioneer in oncology nursing and a leader within ONS, the American Cancer Society, Union for International Cancer Control, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. She was also the first president of the Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses. As a pain management expert, Greene was committed to ensuring quality, compassionate care for patients with cancer.
A $2,000 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. The recipient's paper will be published in the Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing.
- Demonstrate excellence in clinical practice, education, administration, or research related to quality-of-life issues, and contribute to the oncology nursing specialty
- Communicate effectively through written and verbal formats.
- Nominee's personal statement
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
- One (1) letter of support from a colleague other than the nominator
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
- Examples from CV
- Clinical developments such as staff development, program development, patient teaching, or support groups
- Community outreach (programs such as the American Cancer Society, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, camps for patients with cancer, survivor's day participation, or other related activities)
- Adjunct faculty member or preceptor of students
Excellent written communication skills: Includes articles in newsletters, journals, reports, video, multimedia, computer-assisted instruction, or chapters in books.
- Examples within reference letters or on CV
- Quality of life contributions: presentations, literature, specific educational interventions, and research issues
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, two (2) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 48-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.