To facilitate the advancement of oncology nursing science through the synthesis of current research on a specific cancer care symptom, outcome, or issue. The recipient will present a lecture at the ONS Annual Congress that synthesizes and critiques the current research, identifies areas in which more research is critically needed, and proposes how multidisciplinary research can advance the science.
A $1,000 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
Nurse scientists at all levels of professional development are invited to apply for this prestigious lectureship. The nominee must be an ONS member. Candidates must be able to adapt their lecture to article format for publication in the Oncology Nursing Forum. The manuscript should be submitted for review and possible publication.
A 600-word abstract is required.
- The abstract is limited to 600 words.
- The author must synthesize and critique the current research, identify areas in which more research is critically needed, and propose how research can advance the science.
- The abstract should include a synthesis of the following: 1) Research that has addressed a specific cancer care symptom, outcome or issue 2) Research findings 3) Ethical and policy implications 4)Translation to practice 5) Directions for future research.
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, two (2) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 48-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact email@example.com for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.