To recognize a frontline oncology nurse who demonstrates exceptional patient care through the use of evidence-based practice
A $500 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Have primary duties and responsibilities focused on full-time patient care (non-management)
- Clearly demonstrate a commitment to evidence-based practice
- Provide outstanding direct care to the patient population.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: email@example.com.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.