To recognize a frontline oncology nurse who demonstrates exceptional patient care through the use of evidence-based practice
A $500 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Have primary duties and responsibilities focused on full-time patient care (non-management)
- Clearly demonstrate a commitment to evidence-based practice
- Provide outstanding direct care to the patient population.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact email@example.com for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.