To recognize a registered nurse or equivalent healthcare worker who has contributed to the improvement of cancer care in a country outside the United States
$500 certificate for ONS educational resources/publications (donated to the recipient's employer institution), a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Creating and implementing a program that has had an impact on cancer care in a country other than the United States, e.g., patient education program, clinical procedure/skill, and pain management
- Demonstrating involvement in initiating or supporting a professional oncology organization (e.g., cancer society, nursing organization, cancer coalition)
- Influencing the practice of cancer care nursing care, e.g., advocate for cancer survivors through influence on government policy/media, publications
- Creating a change in health care and/or education standards in nursing practice, e.g., requirements for administration of chemotherapy.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.
ONS will reimburse the award recipient for roundtrip economy airfare to and from the recipient’s home address to the location of ONS Congress, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS’s official travel agency. Additionally, three (3) nights’ lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 72-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact email@example.com for complete details and the travel reimbursement policy.