To recognize a registered nurse or equivalent healthcare worker who has contributed to the improvement of cancer care in a country outside the United States
$500 certificate for ONS educational resources/publications (donated to the recipient's employer institution), a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Creating and implementing a program that has had an impact on cancer care in a country other than the United States, e.g., patient education program, clinical procedure/skill, and pain management
- Demonstrating involvement in initiating or supporting a professional oncology organization (e.g., cancer society, nursing organization, cancer coalition)
- Influencing the practice of cancer care nursing care, e.g., advocate for cancer survivors through influence on government policy/media, publications
- Creating a change in health care and/or education standards in nursing practice, e.g., requirements for administration of chemotherapy.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
Online Nominations are Closed
Our ONS Award Nomination deadline was Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 5:00 PM EST. Our ONS Award Nominations will reopen in April 2018 through September 30, 2018.
ONS will reimburse the award recipient for roundtrip economy airfare to and from the recipient’s home address to the location of ONS Congress, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS’s official travel agency. Additionally, three (3) nights’ lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 72-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details and the travel reimbursement policy.