To recognize small teams (minimum of three, maximum of ten) for outstanding contributions within their workplace, in improving patient care, and/or making a difference in their community
A $500 award, a team plaque, and travel reimbursement for one team member (determined by the team) to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- The leader of the team must be an RN and an active member of ONS.
- The team effort provides a valuable service, process improvement, or contribution to the workplace and/or community, resulting in improved patient care and/or improved education.
- The team project includes a demonstration of commitment to the ONS core values.
- The team project results in increased patient and community awareness of the value of the oncology nursing profession to the well-being of the patient population.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
- A list of the team members (minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10)
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
ONS will reimburse one (1) representative, selected by the qualifying members of the Team Achievement Award, for roundtrip economy airfare to and from the recipient’s home address to the location of the ONS Annual Congress, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS’s official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night’s lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details and the travel reimbursement policy.