You can become part of the vital group of leaders who shape the future of ONS. Each year, there are positions available for candidates for our nationally elected office.
Candidate applicants for the ONS Board of Directors should be voting ONS members for no less than five years prior to assuming office. A member in good standing is one who meets the regular, early career professional, physically challenged, or retired membership category; is a registered nurse engaged in or interested in oncology nursing; and has paid the required dues. Student, associate, and international tiered members may not vote or hold ONS office.
All candidates must
- Meet the qualifications as required for the office desired.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the ONS core values.
- Submit a letter of intent and a completed candidate application to the Leadership Development Committee by the deadline specified.
It is the candidate’s responsibility to contact ONS at 866-257-4667 prior to the deadline date to confirm receipt of their application. Each application will be reviewed by the Leadership Development Committee and the most qualified candidates will be slated.
Read the following descriptions for a comprehensive look at each leadership position, including qualifications, responsibilities, and expected time commitment. The ONS Board of Directors requires interested candidates to contact them personally to better understand these commitments on a more individual level.
Election Year 2019
Letters of intent due: August 6, 2018
Application deadline: August 20, 2018
Position openings: Director at Large (3)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a Leadership Development Committee member.
- A Letter from the ONS Leadership Development Committee
- Deadline Dates and Open Positions
- The Rewards of Serving – Talking Points for your Employer
- The Criteria for Applications
- Nomination Materials
- ONS Financial Conflict of Interest Policy
- ONS Campaign Policy
- ONS Leadership Competencies Self Assessment
Submit Your Candidacy
Learn More About Serving on the ONS Board of Directors
- What inspired you to serve?
- Are you ready to serve?
- What is the time commitment?
- How much time is needed away from work?
- What ONS resources are available?
- How much time is dedicated to preparing for a board meeting?
- Final advice