ONS Oncology Nurse Navigator Toolkit
The ONS Oncology Nurse Navigator (ONN) Toolkit is a resource for newly assigned ONNs and current ONNs looking for tools and resources to help improve patient care coordination. Designed to supplement currently available resources, the toolkit provides:
- Resources to help in defining and developing the ONN role
- Practical practice- and patient-related tools to facilitate care coordination
- Guidance for improving patient outcomes and navigation practices achieving Commission on Cancer (CoC) accreditation.
The toolkit includes:
- Helping Patients Navigate Financial Issues: This comprehensive resource provides information, resources, and links to assist ONNs navigate common financial issues and concerns their patients face.
- ONN Job Responsibilities and Requirements: This list is a general compilation of knowledge, skills, and tasks that may be required by ONNs to be effective in their position.
- 2017 ONN Competencies: These updated competencies outline the fundamental knowledge, skills, and expertise required for ONNs to perform proficiently in their role.
Funding for development of this toolkit was provided by Genentech.
ONS is solely responsible for the criteria, objectives, content, quality, and scientific integrity of its programs and publications.