Connie Yarbro receives UAB School of Nursing Honorary Lifetime Alumni Membership for her longstanding achievement in the field of nursing.
Search Results for "Membership Mentoring"
To recognize an individual who has made consistent and significant contributions to oncology nursing literature. Nominees for this award will be oncology nurses who have had an impact on the profession, specifically by using the written word to share research findings, describe content basic to the care of patients with cancer, and support the professional development of colleagues.
A $2,000 award, a plaque, round-trip airfare to the ONS Annual Congress, and a one-day per diem for Congress
- Has at least five years of experience in oncology nursing and five years of membership in ONS.
- Demonstrates longevity and consistency of oncology-related professional communication (i.e., an established pattern of regular publication in a variety of forums: cross-section of peer-reviewed journals, books, monographs, ONS publications).
- Demonstrates evidence of breadth of professional writing (i.e., variety of topics; variety of types of writing: journal-length, book chapters, editorials, letters to the editor, book reviews).
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of written material (i.e., quality of material, appropriateness to audience, comprehensiveness of coverage).
- Demonstrates evidence of mentorship for colleagues engaged in writing professional materials (i.e., formal teaching activity, membership on theses/dissertation committees, coauthorship on published materials, editorial activity on oncology-related books/materials or professional nursing journals).
- Writes materials that are used and cited by other authors.
- Nominee's personal statement
- Nomination narrative statement
- One (1) letter of support
- The nominee's curriculum vitae
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
During opening ceremony of the Oncology Nursing Society's (ONS) 40th Annual Congress in Orlando, FL, renowned nursing leaders received ONS Distinguished Awards for their contributions to the field of oncology nursing.