To recognize and support excellence in nursing contributions to surgical oncology
A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Have at least two years of oncology nursing experience
- Be a recognized expert in the field of surgical oncology (i.e., through publications, presentations, research, and peer review)
- Demonstrate a significant contribution to one or more of the following related to surgical oncology: professional/patient education, clinical practice, and/or nursing research
- Serve as a role model for other nurses.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Nominee's personal statement
- Two (2) letters of support
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
- Includes membership on committees, holding office, or task force participation.
- Recognized expert in the field of surgical oncology nursing, contributing to the development of surgical oncology nursing practice.
- Includes articles in newsletters, journals, reports, video, multimedia, computer assisted instruction, chapters in books (do not include research here, include research in last criteria point)
- Patient/professional education related to surgical oncology nursing
- Examples in letters of role modeling
- Specific educational interventions
- Program development
- Adjunct faculty to preceptor for students
- Theoretical concepts used
- Nursing process used
- Professional development of self and others
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Quality assurance
- Ethical decision-making used
- Reviews/applies nursing research
- Surgical oncology research
- Independent or collaborative research
To access nomination form, please click here.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.