To recognize the contributions of a member who has conducted or promoted research that has enhanced the science and practice of oncology nursing
A $2,000 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Evidence of outstanding and major contributions to the scientific foundation for practice
- Evidence of a sustained program of substantive research
- Evidence of a record of publication in oncology
- Evidence that the scientist's research program has advanced the delivery of quality cancer care by nurses
- Evidence that the scientist's research program has provided a foundation for research by others
- Evidence of documented contributions to ONS
- Evidence of documented contributions to the cancer community-at-large.
- Nomination narrative
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- The nominee's curriculum vitae
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.