The Employer Recognition Awards acknowledge employers who honor and show exemplary support for registered nurses in oncology. Each award allows the institution to further support oncology nurses by granting sets of free registration to an ONS educational activity and credit for ONS publications or other items.
Institutions that demonstrate a commitment to the ONS mission, vision, and values are strong candidates for the Employer Recognition Awards. Examples of support include helping employees to attend ONS meetings or CNE opportunities, actively promoting ONS publications, recognizing ONS members or supporting their annual dues, and supporting participation in ONS chapters or special interest groups.
Awards are granted to the employer based on size category.
Small (0–25 oncology nurses)
Medium: (26–100 oncology nurses)
Large: (101 or more oncology nurses)
In addition, Employer Recognition Award recipients will be featured in an issue of ONS Connect. ONS will work with the award recipients' local chapter for recognition at a chapter meeting.
ONS will not be responsible for any expense incurred by the recipients associated with receiving the award.
- Employer’s support of the members to attend ONS meetings such as the Annual Congress.
- Employer’s support for the member to attend CNE events.
- Use and promotion of ONS materials such as publications.
- Employer’s support of the member’s annual ONS dues.
- Employer’s support of employee involvement in ONS at the national, chapter, or SIG level.
- Recognition of ONS members in numerous ways in the facilities where they work.
- Other measures of recognition, appreciation, encouragement, and advancement of ONS
Nominations may be made by individual ONS members or by a group of member nurses employed at the same facility. The award nomination form must be submitted along with a maximum of 10 pages of supporting documentation. Selection will be made by the ONS Board of Directors following recommendations by the ONS awards advisory panel.
Current ONS Board members are prohibited from nominating any employer during and for two years immediately following their service. The employers of current ONS Board members are not eligible to be nominated for the Employer Recognition Award during the board member's term.