To recognize an emerging oncology nurse leader who has made a difference in the oncology nursing profession at the local or regional level. Candidates should be at an early stage on the path of their leadership career.
A $500 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Have a minimum of one year of oncology leadership experience
- Not have previously received the Emerging Leader Award.
- Advances the oncology nursing profession and quality cancer care at the local/regional level
- Mentors, precepts, orients, coaches, or teaches nurses in the practice of oncology nursing
- Demonstrates leadership at the local or regional level, which may include oncology-related leadership in the areas of community and public service, advocacy, health literacy, supportive services, and/or academic activities.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
To access nomination form, please click here.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.