To recognize and support achievements and involvement in oncology nursing health policy and advocacy
A $500 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Have at least two years of oncology nursing experience
- Be actively engaged in health policy and advocacy at the federal, state, or local level for at least two years immediately preceding nomination.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Nominee's personal statement
- Two (2) letters of support
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
- Nominee successfully worked to secure the enactment of policies (i.e., legislation, ordinances, regulations) aligned with ONS health policy priorities and positions or worked to defeat policies that run counter to ONS health policy priorities and positions.
- Nominee helped to train and recruit nurses or other health professionals to become engaged in health policy and advocacy.
- Nominee showed health policy and advocacy leadership at the chapter, state, or national level in informing other ONS members of health policy and advocacy efforts (e.g. legislative newsletters, updates, serving as legislative chair or SHPL).
- Nominee collaborated with other organizations, entities, and individual advocates to further ONS health policy priorities and positions.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.