Search Results for "board members"
To honor individuals not otherwise eligible for membership who have made significant contributions to the oncology nursing profession, have a history of engaging in actions supportive of ONS, and exhibited conduct consistent with the mission and core values of the Society (innovation, advocacy, and excellence).
An engraved plaque and travel and lodging support to attend the ONS Annual Congress.
Candidates must be nominated by a current ONS member. Their distinguished contributions must be specific to the field of oncology and demonstrate service that has significantly advanced the goals of both the oncology nursing profession and ONS as an organization. Honorary Membership is awarded at the discretion of the ONS Board of Directors.
The following application materials are required in support of the nomination.
- Narrative statement summarizing the candidate’s qualifications, including examples that reflect their contributions to ONS and the oncology nursing profession
- Two (2) letters of support from current ONS members
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
ONS member benefits have attracted more new members than ever before, leading to an all-time year-end high for ONS membership.
story and image
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors was welcomed during the business meeting at the ONS 40th Annual Congress in Orlando, FL.
story and image
- Donald “Chip” Bailey Jr., PhD, RN, FAAN, associate professor at the Duke University School of Nursing
- Anne M. Ireland, MSN, RN, AOCN®, CENP, clinical director of the solid tumor malignancy program at City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA
- Susie Newton, RN, MS, AOCN®, AOCNS®, senior director of health management solutions at Quintiles in Dayton, OH, and
- Colleen O’Leary, MSN, RN, AOCNS®, clinical nurse specialist at the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute in Columbus.