Search Results for "board members"
To honor individuals who are not otherwise eligible for membership, who have made significant contributions to oncology nursing, demonstrated interest and support in ONS, and exhibited conduct consistent with the mission and core values of ONS (integrity, innovation, stewardship, advocacy, excellence, and inclusiveness).
A plaque, round-trip airfare to the ONS Annual Congress, and a one-day per diem for Congress.
The individual must be nominated by an ONS member and receive final approval by the ONS Board of Directors. In addition, the nominee’s accomplishments must be specific to the field of oncology. These contributions must be significant and must demonstrate a sustained interest in and support of ONS. A listing of these contributions must support the validity of the recognition.
- Nomination narrative
- Two (2) letters of support from ONS members
- One (1) letter of support from a non-ONS member
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
To access nomination form, please click here.
ONS member benefits have attracted more new members than ever before, leading to an all-time year-end high for ONS membership.
story and image
The 2015-2016 Board of Directors was welcomed during the business meeting at the ONS 40th Annual Congress in Orlando, FL.
story and image
- Donald “Chip” Bailey Jr., PhD, RN, FAAN, associate professor at the Duke University School of Nursing
- Anne M. Ireland, MSN, RN, AOCN®, CENP, clinical director of the solid tumor malignancy program at City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA
- Susie Newton, RN, MS, AOCN®, AOCNS®, senior director of health management solutions at Quintiles in Dayton, OH, and
- Colleen O’Leary, MSN, RN, AOCNS®, clinical nurse specialist at the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute in Columbus.