Search Results for "clinical practice"
To recognize and support excellence in clinical nursing practice
- Have a minimum of two years' experience in oncology nursing
- Be a recognized expert in clinical nursing practice because of his or her contributions to the development of oncology nursing.
- One-page lecture synopsis
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from any of the following: 1) colleague 2) client/significant other 3) employer/supervisor/mentor or 4) community service organization
- Use of theoretical concepts
- Use of the nursing process
- Professional development of self and others
- Multidisciplinary collaboration
- Quality assurance
- Uses ethical decisionmaking
- Reviews and applies research into practice (e.g., provides examples of actual patient contacts, a reference letter from a patient detailing patient experiences, evidence of relevant topics, lectures, a model or theory. Develops standards of care or provides a published model or theory.)
- Examples within reference letters
- Presentations listed on CV well written based on the conference
- Clinical practice contribution to literature: Includes articles in newsletters, journals, reports, video, multimedia, computer assisted instruction, or chapters in books
- Examples within reference letters or on CV
- Clinical developments such as staff development, program development, patient teaching, support groups
- Community outreach (Programs such as the American Cancer Society, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, camps for patients with cancer, survivor's day participation, or other related activities
- Adjunct faculty or preceptor of students)
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, two (2) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 48-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.