To recognize and support excellence in patient and public education
A $500 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Have a minimum of two years experience in oncology nursing.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Nominee's personal statement
- Two (2) letters of support
- Candidate teaches patients or community groups in manner consistent with the ONS Standards of Oncology Education: Patient/Family and Public.
- Candidate identifies needs for education in patients, families, or communities and plans innovative programs to meet those identified needs.
- Programs have clearly stated objectives.
- Content of program(s) is relevant to population served.
- Creative strategies and presentation techniques are used in implementing program.
- Program evaluation methods are appropriate.
- Candidate serves as a role model for other nurses.
- Candidate creates a network to sustain health-promoting behaviors.
- Candidate establishes positive teacher-learner relationships.
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: email@example.com.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.