This award is named in memory of Linda Arenth, an active ONS and ONCC member who served as the Johns Hopkins Cancer Center's first director of nursing. She created what is now a nationally known system to assign nursing services for different categories of patients with cancer. This award recognizes and supports excellence in both cancer nursing management and administration.
A $250 award, a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress.
- Be a registered professional nurse
- Have at least two years of experience in oncology nursing management and/or administration
- Demonstrate leadership abilities through documentation in a letter of support from the nominee's immediate supervisor.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Nominee's personal statement
- Two (2) letters of support
ONS uses a vendor-supported online program for all award nomination applications. At exactly 5 pm ET on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and will not be accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
- Candidate utilizes the ONS standards as management tools.
- Is a recognized expert in cancer nursing management for contributions at the local, state, national, and/or international level.
- Demonstrates commitment to mentorship in cancer nursing management/administration.
- Contributes to the specialty of cancer nursing administration through publications, program development, refinement of management tools, etc. .
- Demonstrates active participation in ONS at the local and/or national level.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities (documented in a letter of support from the nominee's immediate supervisor).
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively utilize management theories and techniques.
To access nomination form, please click here.
The recipient will receive travel reimbursement to attend the ONS Annual Congress. ONS will reimburse the award recipient for round-trip economy airfare to and from the recipient's home address to the Congress location, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS's official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night's lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact email@example.com for complete details about the travel reimbursement policy.