By: C. Brown
Published by: Oncology Nursing Society
Publication date: 2015
A Guide to Oncology Symptom Management (Second Edition)
“Although we have made tremendous progress in the evidence-based management of symptoms, frankly, we can do better.” —Carlton G. Brown, PhD, RN, AOCN®, FAAN, editor
Get up to date on all things symptom management at your own pace, thanks to 25 content-packed chapters, each focused on a particular symptom or area of impact.
Prevent and treat cancer-related symptoms with confidence knowing that you have immediate and guaranteed access to the most current recommendations for patient care.
Educate patients, families, and staff with all-new evidence, guidelines, case studies, and resources, including patient teaching points.
The second edition has all-new chapters on
- Symptom management at the end of life
- Family caregiver burden
- Emerging genomics data
- Distress—which can help guide you when implementing the new American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer’s distress screening and management standards.
All chapters provide
- Definitions of relevant constructs and inclusion of useful theoretical perspectives
- A review of pathophysiology and etiology related to cancer and specific treatments
- A framework for symptom assessment, including diagnostic criteria
- An evidence-based review of pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic management
- Delineation of the expected outcomes
- Recommendations for future research.
In addition, the authors have provided case studies, patient teaching points, and links to useful information, such as clinical practice guidelines, ONS Putting Evidence Into Practice evidence reviews, and resources for patient teaching.
The new edition is a must-have resource for oncology nurse clinicians, educators, and scientists. Add it to your medical library today.
Click the add to cart button below to order print copies only. Visit our e-books store to purchase the e-book version of A Guide to Oncology Symptom Management (second edition).
(Click the book cover to preview inside pages and download a free sample chapter.)