Mature Beyond Their Years: The Impact of Cancer on Adolescent Development
In recent years, childhood and adolescent cancer has evolved from an inevitably fatal illness to a potentially life-threatening, chronic disease. This book offers nurses a fresh perspective on providing adolescents with holistic, age-appropriate health care by addressing
- Normal developmental tasks during adolescence
- Psychosocial issues of seriously ill adolescents
- Common pediatric cancers and current treatments
- The unique aspects of surviving cancer during adolescence
- The need for continued psychosocial support after treatment ends.