Site-Specific Cancer Series: Gastrointestinal Cancers
This volume in the site-specific cancer series examines cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, including those of the esophagus, stomach, colon, rectum, and anus. In many cases, with proper screening, these cancers can be prevented and, when detected and treated at an early stage, cured.
The need for education is great, for both oncology nurses and patients with cancer, and this text will provide you with the resources you and your patients need to stay informed. Chapters include
- An overview of gastrointestinal cancers
- Anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal tract
- Prevention and screening
- Esophageal and gastric cancers
- Colorectal and anal cancers
- Nursing care of patients with gastrointestinal cancers
- Symptom management of gastrointestinal cancers
- Evidence-based practice.
This book is only available as an e-book and is no longer available in print. Visit our e-books store to purchase the e-book version of Site-Specific Cancer Series: Gastrointestinal Cancers.