To recognize small teams (minimum of three, maximum of ten) for outstanding contributions within their workplace, in improving patient care, and/or making a difference in their community
A $500 award, a team plaque, and travel reimbursement for one team member (determined by the team) to attend the ONS Annual Congress
- The leader of the team must be an RN and an active member of ONS.
- The team effort provides a valuable service, process improvement, or contribution to the workplace and/or community, resulting in improved patient care and/or improved education.
- The team project includes a demonstration of commitment to the ONS core values.
- The team project results in increased patient and community awareness of the value of the oncology nursing profession to the well-being of the patient population.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
- A list of the team members (minimum of 3 and a maximum of 10)
Important Notice About the 2019 Awards Nomination Deadline
ONS uses an external, vendor-supported online program for award nomination applications. The nominations will close at exactly 5:00 pm EST on September 30th.
Any open or incomplete applications will not be accepted after this time. There will not be any deadline extensions to be fair to all nominees without prior authorization from the ONS Awards Advisory Panel and the ONS Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please call (412) 859-6403, or email: email@example.com.
To Apply Online:
1. Please read the "How To" instructions before accessing the online nomination.
2. Register by creating a username and password on the Closerware Grantmaker site.
3. Access the online nomination.
ONS will reimburse one (1) representative, selected by the qualifying members of the Team Achievement Award, for roundtrip economy airfare to and from the recipient’s home address to the location of the ONS Annual Congress, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS’s official travel agency. Additionally, one (1) night’s lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through ONS meetings department. Meals for a 24-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details and the travel reimbursement policy.