To recognize and reward a new nurse author for excellence in the authorship of an article that contributes to the oncology nursing literature
A $1,000 award and a certificate presented to and accepted by the first author on behalf of the writing or research team. These papers will be acknowledged at the ONS Annual Congress in the compendium of awards, honors, and other special recognitions produced and distributed annually by ONS.
- The first author must be a nurse who has never published before in a peer-reviewed journal, a criterion that will be confirmed by a literature search.
- The article must appear in ONF or CJON and be either a full-length scholarly article or a research report.
ONS does not accept nominations or applications for the Marcia C. Liebman New Writer Excellence Award. All published articles that meet the selection criteria will be considered automatically.
- The subject is original, timely, and directly connected to a body of scientific and theoretical literature related to oncology nursing practice.
- The article is clearly written and flows well. It creatively and appropriately includes tables, figures, illustrations, and photographs
- The article provides comprehensive and up-to-date information about the subject in a readable format.
- The article can be appreciated by a wide range of oncology nurse readers.
- Authors articulate the significance of the issue to oncology nursing practice.