To recognize a registered nurse or equivalent healthcare worker who has contributed to the improvement of cancer care in a country outside the United States
$500 certificate for ONS educational resources/publications (donated to the recipient's employer institution), a plaque, and travel reimbursement to attend the opening ceremonies at the ONS Annual Congress
- Creating and implementing a program that has had an impact on cancer care in a country other than the United States, e.g., patient education program, clinical procedure/skill, and pain management
- Demonstrating involvement in initiating or supporting a professional oncology organization (e.g., cancer society, nursing organization, cancer coalition)
- Influencing the practice of cancer care nursing care, e.g., advocate for cancer survivors through influence on government policy/media, publications
- Creating a change in health care and/or education standards in nursing practice, e.g., requirements for administration of chemotherapy.
- Nomination narrative statement
- Nominee's resume or curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of support from any of the following: 1) colleague, 2) patient/caregiver, or 3) employer/supervisor
ONS will reimburse the award recipient for roundtrip economy airfare to and from the recipient’s home address to the location of ONS Congress, provided the recipient makes all travel arrangements through American Express Travel, ONS’s official travel agency. Additionally, three (3) nights’ lodging will be permitted provided that the recipient makes the hotel arrangements through the ONS meetings department. Meals for a 72-hour period will be reimbursed, along with the reimbursement of certain ground transportation situations and parking, but there are limitations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for complete details and the travel reimbursement policy.