This module, a part of the comprehensive Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation course, provides an overview of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), a common complication of stem cell transplant. It covers the pathophysiology of acute and chronic GVHD and helps clinicians differentiate between the two. The module covers evidence-based strategies for GVHD prevention and management. This module is ideal for nurses caring for patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
You will enjoy access for 90 days from date of purchase, after which you will no longer be able to access the course.
• Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant
• Graft-Versus-Host Disease
• Acute Complications
• Chronic Complications
• Differentiate between acute versus chronic graft-versus-host disease, or GVHD
• Recognize this signs, symptoms, and prevention strategies for GVHD along with the common systems affected.
• Explain the rationale behind GVHD prophylaxis and treatment modalities and symptom management.
Oncology nurses involved in the care of patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Up to 0.75 ILNA points may be applied to Late Post-Transplant Management and Education OR Survivorship. No more than 0.75 total points may be claimed for the program.
Earn valuable NCPD, and stay on the forefront of oncology nursing.View All Courses