Andrew Ruplin, PharmD, clinical instructor and oncology clinical pharmacist at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and the University of Washington in Seattle, joins Stephanie Jardine, BSN, RN, oncology clinical specialist at ONS, to discuss new drug approvals for metastatic castration-sensitive prostate cancer. Astellas and Pfizer Inc. provided support for this podcast episode through an educational grant.
Music Credit: "Fireflies and Stardust" by Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons by Attribution 3.0
Earn 0.75 contact hours of nursing continuing professional development (NCPD) by listening to the full recording and completing an evaluation at myoutcomes.ons.org by May 7, 2023. The planners and faculty for this episode have no conflicts to disclose, and the episode has no commercial support. ONS is accredited as a provider of NCPD by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Complete this evaluation for free NCPD.
- Oncology Nursing Podcast Episode 149: Health Disparities and Barriers in Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- ONS Voice articles: FDA approvals for abiraterone acetate, apalutamide, enzalutamide, olaparib, relugolix, and rucaparib
- ONS Voice article: Oncology Drug Reference Sheet: Relugolix
- ONS Voice article: Oncology Drug Reference Sheet: Rucaparib
- Oral chemotherapy education sheets for patients
- American Cancer Society information on prostate cancer
- Enzalutamide, Apalutamide, or Darolutamide: Are Apples or Bananas Best for Patients?
- National Cancer Institute treatment clinical trials for prostate cancer
- ASCENDE-RT Trial, Androgen Suppression Combined with Elective Nodal and Dose Escalated Radiation Therapy
- ENZAMET Trial, Enzalutamide with Standard First-Line Therapy in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- HERO Trial, Oral Relugolix for Androgen-Deprivation Therapy in Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Launch of ARANOTE Study Augments Development Program for Darolutamide in Prostate Cancer
- SWOG-9346, Hormone Therapy in Treating Men With Stage IV Prostate Cancer
- TITAN Trial, Apalutamide for Metastatic, Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
To discuss the information in this episode with other oncology nurses, visit the ONS Communities.
To provide feedback or otherwise reach ONS about the podcast, email pubONSVoice@ons.org.
Listen on iTunes, Listen on Google Podcasts, Listen on Stitcher, Listen on Spotify, Listen on Amazon Music