Rose Mary Carroll-Johnson Distinguished Award for Consistent Contribution to Nursing Literature
Recognize an ONS member who makes consistent and significant contributions to oncology nursing literature.
A $2,000 award, a plaque, round-trip airfare to the ONS Annual Congress, and a one-day per diem for Congress
The nominee must be an active ONS member who has been nominated by an ONS member. In addition, the nominee must be an RN who:
- Has at least five years of experience in oncology nursing and five years of membership in ONS
- Demonstrates longevity and consistency of oncology-related professional communication (i.e., an established pattern of regular publication in a variety of forums: cross-section of peer-reviewed journals, books, monographs, ONS publications).
- Demonstrates evidence of breadth of professional writing (i.e., variety of topics; variety of types of writing: journal-length, book chapters, editorials, letters to the editor, book reviews).
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of written material (i.e., quality of material, appropriateness to audience, comprehensiveness of coverage).
- Demonstrates evidence of mentorship for colleagues engaged in writing professional materials (i.e., formal teaching activity, membership on theses/dissertation committees, coauthorship on published materials, editorial activity on oncology-related books/materials or professional nursing journals).
- Writes materials that are used and cited by other authors.
Please note that the Rose Mary Carroll-Johnson Distinguished Award for Consistent Contribution to Nursing Literature is the only ONS publishing award judged from nominations.
The following materials are required.
- Nominee's personal statement
- Nomination narrative statement
- One (1) letter of support
- The nominee's curriculum vitae
Nomination Deadline Notice
At exactly 5 pm EST on September 30, the application site will automatically shut down. Any applications that are not completed at this time will be terminated and not accepted. This deadline cannot be extended without prior authorization from the ONS Awards advisory panel and the ONS Board of Directors.
Submit Your Nomination
Online nominations are currently closed and will reopen in May.